- Feature - Add a folder tree by drag and drop into the File System window.
- Feature - Provides an option to de-duplicate source paths when extracting the source tree.
- Bug Fix - No crash when editing a field in the DuplicateFile table in a row that has the same File_ value as another row.
- Feature - Script editor for custom actions, with syntax checking.
- Feature - Added Hyperlink control type as an option when editing the Control.Type field.
- Bug Fix - Adding a file in File Manager that already exists will not change the identifier arbitrarily, nor cause a crash where the new arbitrary identifier clashed with an existing row.
- Bug Fix - Changing the filter in SystemView will properly handle the removed nodes in the treeview, preventing a hang when the nodes are clicked.
- Bug Fix - Extraction of files no longer fails for cabs that have one file in them where the relevant File.File column is not the same as the cab name.
- Improved speed across most use cases
- Few minor bug fixes
- File Manager
- Feature: When drag/dropping a file, the File.Attributes column is updated to have the correct flags when the target media (determined by whether the media entry has a cabinet or not) conflicts with the Summary Info Stream compression settings (ignoring admin install flags).
- Bug fix: Clicking on various column headers for empty list views no longer causes a crash.
- System Viewer
- Feature: AppId, Class, Extension, LockPermissions, MsiLockPermissionsEx, ProgId, MIME, TypeLib, Verb table entries are reflected in the Registry view along with Registry and RemoveRegistry.
- Feature: LockPermissions, MsiLockPermissionsEx table entries are reflected in the File System view along with all the other file system editing tables.
- System Viewer
- Feature: Total file system and registry change counts are shown in the tabs for quick analysis
- Feature: Feature tree browser when filtering by features
- Usability: The view now immediately reflects any changes to the tables, instead of closing the view.
- Usability: Improved performance when filtering
- Bug fix: Percentage counts don't get confused when viewing more than one msi
- Requires: InstEd 188.8.131.52 or later
- Feature: System Viewer (Plus->System Viewer) allowing viewing of
the File System and Registry. Filterable by component, feature, feature with parents.
Takes into account tables: CreateFolder, DuplicateFile, File, IniFile, IsolatedComponent, MoveFile, RemoveFile, RemoveIniFile, Shortcut, Registry, RemoveRegistry.
Non-modal readonly dialog, allowing navigation via System Viewer and/or InstEd.
- Feature: New smarter smart field editors, providing:
- case insensitive auto-completion
- persistent bit flag editors (the old menu based system disappeared after clicking one entry)
- bit flag previews
- string editors that show the entire text regardless of length
- specialized Formatted field editor
- customizable auto-completion lists (e.g. Standard Actions for Action fields)
- view auto-completion lists by category (e.g. just the files when editing the KeyPath field of a Compnent)
- smart property values (e.g. see the target path of a file or registry table entry when editing the KeyPath field of a Component)
- sort auto-completion lists by value, as well as name (e.g. sort the Directories list by target path when setting the Directory_ field of a Shortcut)
- certain specialized editors (e.g. Target field editor for Shortcut table, which understands advertised and non-advertised shortcuts)
- Bug fix: Extraction from external cabinets is properly supported.
- Bug fix: Dropping a file that already exists in the msi onto File Manager will correctly set the default media entry.
- Requires: InstEd 184.108.40.206 or later
- Feature: Allow the user to change the root folder of the source tree for all file/cab
- Feature: Allow the user to build/extract the source tree from a
database to an arbitrary folder, optionally using that folder as the source tree
root for subsequent file operations.
- Feature: Allow the user to build the source tree using long or short filenames(does
not update the flag in the Sumamry Information Stream).
- Feature: Recognises
when the edited file is a Merge Module. All media operations work on the merge module
cabinet. Appropriate identifiers have the merge module extension appended (eg when
adding files to the merge module).
- Feature: Open explorer for files and directories
by right clicking.
- Feature: Rebuild cabs from the Cabinets dialog.